- Hands on experience in drafting and negotiating IT/ITES contracts
- Analyzing new and existing business initiatives that collect, store, analyze, manage, and transfer personal information with the aim of identifying relevant privacy and data usage issues and the relevant process and infrastructure requirements to ensure compliance of such initiatives with applicable privacy and data protection laws in India.
- Developing and implementing processes and controls that address applicable privacy and data protection requirements for India including access to data, managing privacy and data protection policies and notices
- Reviewing data-related laws (new laws and changes to laws), and providing useful advice to business teams on the potential impact of these laws for business in India and various potential opportunities internationally
- Ensure adequate internal legal controls are applied to safeguard the business and resources of the company and ensure compliance with all internal and external reporting obligations.
- Devise and implement legal standards, processes, systems, effective policies and procedures that ensure that legal risks are managed appropriately within the business.
- Providing legal and related strategic advice regarding the actions and measures necessary to secure/facilitate compliance with the legal matters related to laws, rules & regulations.
- Handling all aspects of the corporate legal function which include implementing legal standards processes, systems, effective policies ensure legal compliance legal due diligence, drafting, vetting, negotiation and finalization.
- Ensure legal compliance in the organization thereby facilitating good corporate governance and protecting Company’s interest in litigation and documentation.
- Work across all internal groups to instill core knowledge/competency on legal issues.
- Coordinate and work closely with external counsels, wherever necessary, on legal advisory, intellectual property, arbitration, litigation/consumer matters and ensure efficient and effective handling of disputes.
- Responsible for advising management & conducting research on various matters involving diverse provisions of law and furnishing legal opinions.
- Keep abreast of the latest legal, regulatory and case law developments affecting the business in the nbfc & IT space.
Key Skills and Qualification:
- LLB/LLB & CS with 5 to 8 years of experience in Legal advisory and contract management.
- 4+ years of privacy, data protection and cyber laws related experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be thorough with Legal documentation, Drafting/vetting of agreements and legal advisory.