MS or BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
As an Engineering Manager you are responsible for the technology decisions that enable the business plan and will manage an engineering team in an agile environment. You will be responsible for providing guidance to engineers and making relevant decisions related to technology solutions. The key to the success of this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem-solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
- Drive best practices and ensure development of high quality solutions/technologies through advocating for and ensuring standards for common assets and framework components.
- Determine the right technology choices (upgrade decisions, hosting decision) to best delivery business value keeping in mind availability, scalability and reliability of solution.
- Build and manage a team of high caliber engineers and inform on resource allocation strategy.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment and accountable by working with business owners for meeting delivery dates.
- Guide product team(s) as appropriate, manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts or remove barriers for the product team(s).
- Advocate for and ensure standards around technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture.
- Ensure all solutions/technologies adheres to all development & security standards.
- Extensive technical knowledge and background, plus additional role-specific technical skills as required.
- Good knowledge of open-source frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities.
- Strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills.
- MS or BS degree in computer science or equivalent with 9+ years of experience planning, designing, developing, and delivering large-scale platforms and products.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager leading software development teams.
- Hands-on experience with design and development of scalable web services and platforms.
- Is a strong leader with the ability to lead & manage a high-performing team, can creatively balance high-quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
- Proven track record of delivering results in an aggressive and fast-paced environment.